uses and endorses MUOVIKASSI and COMMUNISM ☭
Website

Re: The Pooh Sticks / Swansea Sound

tämmöinenkin sinkku ilmestynyt tänä keväänä taiwanissa icon_eek

Tracklist ▼
A         Formula One Generation     2:09    
B         Cherry On The Top     1:53

Limited edition of 350 copies.

The first 50 copies came with a hand-signed insert, the remaining copies with a slightly different, printed-signature insert.

Folded 7"-cover comes in clear plastic-sleeve.

Demos for the unreleased album 'Think Bubble'.
Recorded at Steve Gregory's home in Utrecht, 1995.

Mitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifPUFF PUFF BONG BONG

#62 02.12.2012 14:04

psychocandy
streittari-jantta
Website

levysoitinongelmani takia (ei pyöri nopeudella 45) en ollut aiemmin päässyt kuulemaan tota sinkkua, mutta nyt on täällä mökillä toimiva soitin ja hyvältä kuulostaa, taattua pooh sticksiä, paitsi että mitä ihmettä, laulajana ei olekaan hue, vaan ilmeisesti tämä biisinikkari steve, hyvä sinkku silti.

Karhut feissiin kuule tää on se reitti hä ...ja kerran eräs naarassusi melkein mun kengille kusi tongue
FJs1lyz.gif

#63 16.12.2012 01:05

psychocandy
streittari-jantta
Website

halusin vain kertoa teille, että jos mulla olis vain 15 minsaa elinaikaa, niin luultavasti haluaisin juoda 5 am saintia ja kuunnella pooh sticksin biisin i'm in you, mutta nythän voin tehdä niin muutenkin icon_idea

Karhut feissiin kuule tää on se reitti hä ...ja kerran eräs naarassusi melkein mun kengille kusi tongue
FJs1lyz.gif

#64 14.02.2013 16:52

psykokarkki
Website

I’ve got ‘Falling And Laughing’ – the original Postcard version.

I’ve got The Pastels’ Songs For Children, Sky Saxon’s solo album

You want it, I got it – I’m talkin’ ’bout everything

All the Velvet Underground records… on tape

I was ligging with Mighty Mighty. I think they all really liked me

But they’re only after one thing: my ‘67 Vox Phantom 12-string (it’s a copy)

You want it, I got it – I’m talkin’ ’bout EVERYTHING

I’ve got The Monkees’ Head soundtrack… on tape

I sent for the Soup Dragons single, mail-order only

£1.30 to Martin Whitehead, but it never came

I rock out to Philip Spector [be my bay-bee!]

I’ve got everything by The Ronettes… on tape

On tape, I got it on tape, I’ve got it ON TAPE!

psykostep

‘On Tape’ – the world’s least influential record about Most Influential records

Mitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifPUFF PUFF BONG BONG

#65 06.08.2014 22:01

psykokarkki
Website

Who are the American girls talking on the first mini-album thing?

I was asked this again the other day. Comes up every now and again. Well, although some people do seem to know that the girl speaking all that “How To Get To Hue Pooh Stick” stuff is Apollo Smile. Here’s Apollo vaguely recently:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vF1f8Vz84k

On the other hand,  no-one seems to know who the “Please Hue, Please” girl is. It’s Beth-Ami Himmelstein. Here’s Beth-Ami these kinda days:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIVC86KvCSQ
She had a nice flat on Waverly Place. She had a cat. One day, I was sitting with Haggis and Apollo in Beth-Ami’s place and Haggis decided that he was missing British food so decided to cook a proper British meal. Now, obviously the only things Haggis had ever cooked up in his life before this were cunning plans and clever cover-stories to get him out of trouble, so we were sceptical. Funnily enough, it turned out well. Beth-Ami and Apollo didn’t understand it, but we liked it. There’s an unprintable story about Beth-Ami and Axel Rose, by the way: I’d tell you but, well, it’s unprintable. Plus, it makes me feel queasy.

The Pooh Sticks "Think Bubble" (Fierce Recordings FRIGHT 064)

"Think Bubble" is an album (LP only) of 1995 home demos for a never-released Pooh Sticks album. There were about 30 songs demo'd. "Think Bubble" has ten of them:

Side 1
1. Stereo Love
2. My Amp
3. You Said A Bad Word
4. Jimmy Webb's Horse
5. The Hardest Working Man In Showbiz

Side 2.
1. Call Me Carnival
2. International Language
3. Five O'Clock Shadow
4. Stars Fall Like Dominoes
5. Out Here In The Night

Full-colour gatefold sleeve with extensive notes by Trudi and lyrics to all the songs.

BUY ONE
25 Euros + postage
BUY TWO*
40 Euros + postage
*includes free copies of both:
The Pooh Sticks "Formula One Generation" 7" (1995 demos; released in Taiwan in 2012)
and
International Language "When Lisa Comes Slidin' Home" 7" (Steve & Michel project for Sympathy For The Record Industry; special promo-pressing from 1996)

Postage:
Nederland: 8 Euros
Europe: 10 euros
Outside Europe: 18 Euros
(cost is the same for one or two LPs...)

kallista on icon_twisted

http://thepoohsticks.blogspot.nl/

#66 09.08.2014 12:40

stratum
not tupi
Website

Oliko Hantta huomannut että Pooh Sticksilta on tullut krääsää myyntiin, mm. tämmöinen t-paita

#67 09.08.2014 12:54

leposi
Viini-illan Göbbels

stratum wrote:

Oliko Hantta huomannut että Pooh Sticksilta on tullut krääsää myyntiin, mm. tämmöinen t-paita

Oho, toipas on hyvä paita. Pitäisköhän tilata? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

#68 09.08.2014 14:52

psykokarkki
Website

leposi wrote:
stratum wrote:

kimppatilauksen paikka.

#69 09.08.2014 15:02

leposi
Viini-illan Göbbels

psykokarkki wrote:
leposi wrote:
stratum wrote:

kimppatilauksen paikka.

Passaa. Mietin, että harmaan tai valkoisen ottaisin. Mitäs sulle? Postit näyttää menevän näin t-paidoissa: EU: £2.99 plus £1.49 for each extra item.

#70 09.08.2014 15:18

psykokarkki
Website

leposi wrote:
psykokarkki wrote:
leposi wrote:
stratum wrote:

kimppatilauksen paikka.

Passaa. Mietin, että harmaan tai valkoisen ottaisin. Mitäs sulle? Postit näyttää menevän näin t-paidoissa: EU: £2.99 plus £1.49 for each extra item.

vaaleansininen L vois olla hyvä.

#71 09.08.2014 15:34

leposi
Viini-illan Göbbels

psykokarkki wrote:
leposi wrote:
psykokarkki wrote:
leposi wrote:
stratum wrote:

kimppatilauksen paikka.

vaaleansininen L vois olla hyvä.

Eli toi sky blue? Paan tilauksen huomenna. Siihen saakka on aikaa muuttaa mieltä tai vaihtaa väriä. ff

#72 10.08.2014 14:24

psykokarkki
Website

siis ilmeisesti tämä sikakallis think bubble sisältää steven laulamia demoja (kuten tuo aiemmin taiwanissa julkaistu seiska)? sitten ei kyllä kiinnosta niin paljoa, vaikkei hue mikään tekninen huippu ole laulajana, niin joku siinä äänessä kuitenkin sykähdyttää aika lailla enemmän kuin steve gregory, vaikka ilmeisesti hänen biisejään nää onkin.

#73 14.08.2014 16:41

psykokarkki
Website

Look, mostly we’d have a plan and the studio walls would be covered in blueprints, equations and Venn diagrams. Each morning Steve would call a meeting, make an elaborate gesture with his cape and issue us all with checklists of ‘things to do’. (We'd sigh, though not like Twig the Wonder Kid, and give each other knowing looks as we suppressed giggles.) Sometimes, though, every now and again, there’d be a curveball*, which is what happened here. Originally – and according to all the checklists and punchcards – there was to be a song called “Lights Of The City”, but sometime after the instruments had been recorded we were informed that it was to be something called “Sugar Baby” instead. What happened was that we’d run into Randy Bachman in a hotel restaurant at breakfast time, and he’d ordered “a bowl of Sugar Babies or half a grapefruit” (I’m quoting myself here, from the sleevenotes to “Million Seller”), and our long-suffering A&R guy Jim had been waxing lyrical about ‘Sassy’ magazine (a cross between ‘Smash Hits’ and ‘Jackie’, as far as I could tell): next thing we know, “Lights Of The City” was off, and it was “Sugar Baby”. Here’s a tape of part of the track with what appear to be non-Amelia completed backing vocals. The girl in the picture is Piper, who was originally photographed for the “Million Seller” cover but who wasn’t included in the end. I hope she’s not too heartbroken!
(*an American term, referencing something to do with baseball)

#74 15.08.2014 18:49

psykokarkki
Website

näitähän nyt tippuu...

"Shoeshine?" (some kinda abandoned "Million Seller" out-take)

I’m not really sure what this is. For “Million Seller”, one of the songs we were recording was called “Midnight Blue”: we certainly finished all the backing track but, as far as I remember, Steve couldn’t finish the lyrics and so it was abandoned. This 50-second something is on a tape labelled “Shoeshine?” and it uses the “Midnight Blue” backing track… so I don’t know. I’ll have to ask. Anyway, it keeps the nice harmony-guitars I remember liking at the time. By the way, this "Million Seller" cover-girl was called Paula.

#75 01.09.2014 15:05

psykokarkki
Website

wDyUXjk.jpg

#76 30.09.2014 21:49

psykokarkki
Website

en tiedä kauanko tämäkään on kuultavissa, mutta avausraita siltä demolevyltä think bubble, stereo love:

There's possibly going to be a "Think Bubble Volume 2" next year, which I'm told would be a kinda 'proposed singles and B-sides' thing. Unlike this 'white' record, it'd be 'rust-coloured with primary-splodges', apparently! I don't know, I really don't... he has his own little reality, pretty much. Anyway, we'll see.

#77 27.02.2015 14:49

psykokarkki
Website

lisää mielenkiintoista triviaa:

Former POOH STICKS guitarist (and drummer) Michel van der Woude once had the bright idea to start a virtual band with girl singers he found on My Space but had never actually met. The first singer he approached was Lauren Rocket of all girl band ROCKET (L.A.). (Go and find their CDs on Teenacide Records!) She sings the ultra poppy “Formula One Generation”, written by Pooh Sticks songwriter/producer Steve Gregory. The B-side, “Girl’s Going Crazy For The La La La” was written by Gregory and Van der Woude for a CD they released on U.S. label Sympathy For The Record Industry as INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGE called “Where The Bands Are”. The song never made it onto the album, though. Canadian singer/songwriter Sara Johnston (MONTREAL), who was also a founder member of BRAN VAN 3000, turned out to have the perfect voice to sing the version you find here.

https://insipidvinyl.bandcamp.com/album … generation

jännä projekti kyllä tämä pooh sticks, ja ketä kaikkia siinä oikein on ollut mukana? mutta pakko sanoa että ei homma toimi ilman hue pooh stickin ääntä, tuskin myös ilman steven biisejä, vaikka ne onkin aika lailla sieltä täältä ripattuja. onko steve gregory kuitenkin kaiken takana ja kuka on trudi tangerine?

EDIT: turhan paljon facebook-kuvia linkitetty tähän topikkiin, eihän ne enää näy icon_neutral en tiedä oliko tää jo aiemmin mut:

11tbwa8.jpg

kuka on trudi tangerine?

#78 01.09.2015 12:14

psykokarkki
Website

i'm in you -biisissä pitkän kitarasoolon soittava "paul" on muuten kuulemma oikeasti Edu Hackenitz. en muista oliko aiemmin täällä mainittu (luultavasti biggrin) mutta samanlaista mammuttiteosta yritettiin myös seuraavalle levylle (jelly on a plate), mutta kitarasta katkesi kieli ja vikat kymmenisen minsaa jäi väliin biggrin

#79 07.07.2017 15:20

psykokarkki
Website

mark goodier session (joo siinä lukee peel session mutta...):

crazy love
when sunny gets blue
who loves you
young people

paras bändi rakkauscolorflash

#80 28.02.2019 23:06

psykokarkki
Website

the great white wonder ilmestyy valkoisella vinyylillä record store daynä

itsehän hankin taannoin mustan vinskan, mutta olishan toikin hauska, kyseessä kuitenkin yksi kaikkien aikojen parhaita levyjä colorflash

BKyYG2D.jpg

#81 03.06.2019 13:22

psykokarkki
Website

lEdh01M.jpg

#82 09.07.2019 21:41

psykokarkki
Website

tilasin discogsista pari näiden sinkkua ja million sellerin vinyylinä. pitkästä aikaa kuuntelin optimistic foolia, ja kyllähän siinä huomaa, että paras terä on häipynyt, muutama hyvä biisi ja loput aika keskinkertaisia verrattuna huikeisiin edeltäjiinsä. mutta onhan tää yksi maailman parhaista bändeistä rakkauscolorflash

oiskohan tää suosikkini tuolta vikalta levyltä (tai sitten bad morning girl), working on a beautiful thing:

#83 15.07.2019 16:57

psykokarkki
Website

POOH STICKS, THE - POOH STICKS 7" BOX SET Pre-Order icon_eek

£50.00 + postit

The Pooh Sticks 7" Box Set

Five different coloured vinyl 7" singles + 24 page booklet.

Originally released in 1988 on Fierce Recordings as a collection of five one-sided singles in a 7" cardboard box (etched on B-sides), with information insert, and hand-drawn designs on the box and labels.

This release includes the original five tracks, and for the first time, five tracks on the flipsides. All of the B sides were recorded in 1988 and four of them have never been available before, the other track "Hard On Love", was released in 1989 on a flexi-disc and has never been available in any other format.

Although the release date seems a long way off Pre-Order is essential to avoid dissapointment, as we fully expect this to sell out before release date. We will only be pressing enough to satisfy demand and there will be no repress.

Release Date 22 November 2019

Tracklist

"1-2-3 Red Light" / "Double Shot"
"Heroes And Villains" / "Life's A Gas"
"Heartbreak" / "Sex Head"
"I Know Someone Who Knows Someone Who Knows Alan McGee Quite Well" / "Hard On Love"
"Indiepop Ain't Noise Pollution" / "Knock Three Times"

#84 11.11.2019 15:47

psykokarkki
Website

sen verran oli boksilla hintaa ettei tullut tilattua ja nythän se on jo ollut aikaa sitten loppunmyyty sadbanana

D4g3yfJ.jpg

#85 12.11.2019 00:02

dadadrlrl
Website

Äsh, mä luulin että sä olit jo tilannut icon_surprised

#86 18.11.2019 20:28

psykokarkki
Website

#87 07.02.2020 23:34

psykokarkki
Website

hemmetin boksi, 70 maksais discogsista keskimäärin, ehkä jonain hulluna päivänä, esim. kun saan lomarahat joita kiky ei viimeinkään tänä vuonna enää leikkaa, niin laitan tilausta vetämään. in the meantime, on pitkään pitänyt hankkia boo radleysin giant steps vinskana ja nyt löysin discogsista "siedettävään" hintaan luotettavalta myyjältä ja katsoin onko sillä muuta kivaa myynnissä... oli vika lp optimistic fool vinskana 15 eååh, ei muuta kuin tilaamaan ja onhan tää yhtä juhlaa. ei ehkä pärjää ihan kahdelle edeltäjälleen, mutta mikäpä pärjäisi? HUIKEA bändi tää, rakastan yli kaiken rakkauscolorflash

#88 05.03.2020 21:56

psykokarkki
Website

record store dayna tulee tämmöinenkin splitti, dying for it originaali + pooh sticksien versio: https://recordstoreday.co.uk/releases/r … oh-sticks/

NT1jXY5.png

#89 09.03.2020 14:55

dadadrlrl
Website

Yks frendi sai hommattua sen sinkkuboksin. Saatan olla lievästi kateellinen. Noh, minkäs teet. Ehkä mä kutsun itseni joskus kylään.

#90 09.03.2020 15:08

psykokarkki
Website

dadadrlrl wrote:

Yks frendi sai hommattua sen sinkkuboksin. Saatan olla lievästi kateellinen. Noh, minkäs teet. Ehkä mä kutsun itseni joskus kylään.

wau, digikopiot b-puolista kelpais kyllä jos semmoisia on mahdollista tehdä, noita ei taida vielä missään olla kuultavissa?

Board footer