1. Index
  2. » Kevyempää
  3. » the Fall

#1501 27.01.2018 22:58

psykokarkki
uses and endorses MUOVIKASSI and COMMUNISM ☭
Website

Re: the Fall

Final stage entrance by Mark E Smith of The Fall (4 Nov 2017)

Mitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifPUFF PUFF BONG BONG

#1502 27.01.2018 23:17

psykokarkki
Website

kieltämättä hieman huonossa hapessa mark oli jo vikalla keikalla, mutta ihailtavaa että loppuun asti vedetään, eikä äänessä mitään vikaa. näköjään vika tyttöystävä, manageri pamelakin pääsi vielä lavalle "soittelemaan".

on kyllä aika haikeaa, että enää ei uusia fall-levyjä tule, paitsi että huhut kertoivat että jotain biisejä ehtivät vielä nauhoittamaan, joten jotain vielä tulee. the fall oli kuitenkin suosikkibändini jostain vuodesta 1987 alkaen, ja vaikka toki muitakin suunnilleen yhtä kovia oli/on (esim. new order ja jesus and mary chain) niin olihan fall kuitenkin jotenkin ainutlaatuinen, ja nimenomaan koska mark e. smith oli niin ainutlaatuinen hahmo, ja toisin kuin muut niin uutta levyä ilmestyi suunnilleen joka vuosi, kaksi parhaimpina, ja pelkkää priimaahan sieltä pukkasi. lepää rauhassa, onpahan meillä faneilla ainakin kuunneltavaa loppuiäksemme.

Mitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifPUFF PUFF BONG BONG

#1503 27.01.2018 23:44

Prakk
Kakkaava jouluhahmo
Website

Elossa olevat entiset ja nykyiset jäsenet voisivat järkätä Fall-festarit joissa soitetaan kaikki bändin biisit  psykebileet

SOSDO MASSA KOMOROSSA

#1504 28.01.2018 01:22

:center::huig::center:
Holtiton Mies joka Imppaa ja Grillaa

hologrammi-MES ja muutama mummo bongorummuissa hand

Ei mitään muttia, kaikki boikottiin saatana!!

Security Fee:n hinnalla sisään!

#1505 29.01.2018 13:14

psykokarkki
Website

#1506 29.01.2018 14:27

jookcha
vieressä retkottava nainen

peel sessions -boxia tuli kuunneltua viikonloppuna. best.

hand

Ti ho detto come una volta un po' di vino, dischi in vinile, sequel, ragazze, ragazze, Kauko Röyhkä?

#1507 29.01.2018 18:04

psykokarkki
Website

Kay Bateman (née Carrol... Kay Carroll love) posted the best tribute to Mark. She gave me permission to post it here:

It's been a long couple of days now since the news of the shocking death of The Smith... my head forever spinning with triggers, travels, and lyrics. So much so that I have felt compelled to say something that would be both anecdotal and amusing, but not surprisingly, I struggled to find some stories that would encompass both of them at the same time. He was, to me, quite simply an enigma. I have thought of many stories over those seven or so years we spent together, as his friend, his lover, cohort, and manager of The Fall. Some very personal reminiscences, some totally Fall business and/or combinations of both, and although most of them started off as really interesting and amusing, they would however end up making me angry and pissed off. It is the nature of the beast I suppose. So for the prevention, I think, for my sanity, and his dignity, it feels appropriate to tell of the last meeting Mark and I had, and it’s the word Serendipity that springs to mind...
      I was visiting England for three weeks in the summer of 2011. I’d been thinking of trying to make contact with him once I got to Manchester. I still had some unresolved issues with him that I wanted to address, but had been warned by more than a few people that he had become quite the recluse, and tended not to answer his calls; both phone and door. So I thought, ah well screw it,why bother? The day after I had arrived, I was showing my daughter and now ex- husband around Prestwich village. We had just come out of a thrift store near the Foresters. I turned around, and there at the bus stop, six feet away stood himself. My family went off in a different direction, so I walked over to him, and with that iconic plastic shopping bag in hand, I said "Hiya Mark." I think I kind of stunned him a little at first. It had been some time since we last met (New York 86). He said "I thought you were living in America." I said "I still am." “What you doing here then?" he said. "Oh I decided to come back and kill you." I said with a straight face, and held the comment there for a few seconds, then burst out laughing. He laughed too, but it was obvious to me, he still wasn't sure. Anyway we exchanged some pleasantries. He said he was off to Berlin in a couple of days but would be back in two weeks and to give him a ring, and we could meet up then. I asked, and he gave me his phone number as the bus was fast approaching. He got on it, shouting "Call!" and he was gone.
     Two weeks later, my US family returned back to the States so I could spend the last week or so with my UK family and friends. Time to give Mark a call. Of course I got voice mail. I left a message and not surprisingly, no response. I did that another couple of times over the next 2 days and pondered to myself, “Maybe I really have come back to kill him.” Finally I decided to hell with it and moseyed over to his house in Sedgley Park and knocked on his door. There was a rustling of the blinds at the side of the bay window. I knocked again, but still nobody came to the door. I opened the letter box and shouted “I know you're in there ya daft sod! Open the bloody door!” His voice echoed back, and he came out with some crazy ramblings on why he couldn't open the door, and our conversation continued through the letterbox. So after a few more choice comments from me, I angrily retorted back through the letterbox "OK have a good life!! and walked away. Over the years, in retrospect, I have found myself laughing out loud every time I think of our letterbox meeting. Anyway, that day, a little pissed off, I just shook it off, got on the bus and went back to the village. I thought I would drop by The Foresters to see if any old friends were in there. I had just stepped inside the lounge, through the back door, when my cell phone went off. It was Mark. "Sorry about that. Wanna meet at the Woodthorpe on Friday?” So we did.
     It was a beautiful summer evening, and there he was, sat outside on the patio of the Woodthorpe. Pint in hand, as though he had been waiting there for years. Nothing seemed to have changed.We looked at each other. He stood up. We smiled and hugged. He offered to buy me a drink, but I wasn't sure how he would react after I told him I had been in sobriety since 2006, (still am). As per usual, Mark surprised me. He didn't say a word. No put downs. No smart arsed comments. Nothing. He just offered to buy me a non alcoholic drink and a few more after that, and those momentary thoughts, previously of killing him, just drifted away.
     We talked about his dad, especially knowing this pub was his dads local, and who had since passed away. If you knew Mark, you knew his dad, the apple didn't fall far from the tree. I asked, and we talked about his mum and his sisters who he loved a lot, and of course the freakin music biz, which was spoken by us both, with its usual passion and chagrin. He seemed even more disillusioned than ever. Obviously due to the arrival of the internet, with its downloads, copyright infringements, and such. We spoke of and reminded ourselves, with lots of laughter of "what happened to…” conversations, and of all of those characters, both friends and foes, who had drifted in and out of our lives all those years ago.We also spoke of the ones who were with him now, and his plans, and ideas and of course those sardonic perceptions of his. It felt like time had just stood still for me. I got my issues resolved, and I flashed back to remembering the love, the magic, and intensity of just being together. Before I left, I thanked him for getting me involved, as well as other things including becoming the manager of The Fall, even though I knew he had some ulterior motives.We laughed at the way in which he had finally coerced me into the “job” by saying "You can be like, Faye Dunaway in Network.” Mmmm, I think I got close, but I think I was a little more sensitive, and had softer edges than Diana Christensen.
     There were no regrets from each of us, and we told each other. So, I called a cab, and told him I wouldn't have missed it for the world, and how amazing things seem to have worked out. "Great seeing you Kay" he said. "Same here, Mark.” I offered him a ride when the cab arrived, but he said "No, I like to walk". It was the last thing he said to me and then we laughed again. One final hug and kiss. The exorcism was over.
He was supposed to come to New York with The Fall this February. My friend Katy, who rescued me back in Boston when I walked away from the band in 83, had tickets lined up for us, and I was going to fly out,but it got cancelled due to his poor health.
     You were a complex character my friend. Unwavering, a brilliant writer of prose and poetry. A visionary. You perceived things that not many people could see, let alone wanted to see.You were at times so funny and loving, and yet could be so infuriating, hard arsed, and yes cruel, but you also knew how to turn on the charm and reset the bar, and it changed people, and for me, it was for the better. There was nobody quite like you MES. A true Northern soul, and I felt this world change when you left on the 24th. The old paradigm just shattered into a thousand pieces. Poof! Gone! So now it’s time to create a new one, and I know you would want that, in whatever form it came in. In fact you would insist upon it. So my old friend, farewell. You gave it everything you had babe, and more. And for myself I thank you for all those wake up calls, and to also listening to mine too.
With love and kick ass always your friend K xxx

#1508 29.01.2018 18:27

psykokarkki
Website

Ic4WqB4.png

#1509 29.01.2018 22:25

psykokarkki
Website

brix ja kumppanit vetää midnight in aspenin:

pitäisköhän tsekkaa toi niiden lp.

#1510 30.01.2018 04:10

Prakk
Kakkaava jouluhahmo
Website

Latasin, mutta en oo ehtiny kuunnella vielä  spam3
Samalla tuli imastua nuo kaks ekaa Marc Riley & The Creepersin levyäkin, kun en niitä muistaaksni ole ennen kuullut...

SOSDO MASSA KOMOROSSA

#1511 30.01.2018 11:02

psykokarkki
Website

mulla on yksi marc riley & the creepersin sinkku (pollystiff) mutta ei se kovin kummoinen tainnut olla tai en muista. jumper clown taitaa olla se tunnetuin biisi, kaikki varmaan tietää kenestä se kertoo.

laitetaanpa tää hesarin kirjoituskin tänne:

hCVQZmN.png

#1512 30.01.2018 11:10

Prakk
Kakkaava jouluhahmo
Website

Ihan kelvollisia oli nuo Creepersit ja Brixin levy, mutta ei nyt mitään kauhean päräyttävää

SOSDO MASSA KOMOROSSA

#1513 30.01.2018 11:42

psykokarkki
Website

niin, sepä se. kun mestari on poissa niin taika puuttuu.

#1514 30.01.2018 12:20

jookcha
vieressä retkottava nainen

kahtoin it's not repetition, it's discipline -dokkarin. yllättävän käppää vaikka matskua on ilmeisesti 12 vuoden ajalta. suttuista keikkapätkää, pakolliset thurston, john peel ja henry rollins horisee jotain ja sit jotain ex-kitaristeja ja basisteja haastatellaan. ja tää kaikki sellasella ö-luokan kuvalaadulla. kiusallisen pitkästyttävä vaikka kestää vain 70 minuuttia.

Last edited by jookcha (30.01.2018 12:26)

Ti ho detto come una volta un po' di vino, dischi in vinile, sequel, ragazze, ragazze, Kauko Röyhkä?

#1515 31.01.2018 00:32

psykokarkki
Website

#1516 31.01.2018 03:37

Prakk
Kakkaava jouluhahmo
Website

Prakk wrote:

Jaa, no pannan nyt sit oma top 10, joitain näistä en ole kyllä kuullut pitkään aikaan, mutta so not:

1. This Nation's Saving Grace
2. The Wonderful And Frightening World Of The Fall
3. Middle Class Revolt
4. Perverted by Language
5. Bend Sinister
6. Shift-Work
7. Grotesque
8. Hex Enduction Hour
9. The Real New Fall LP Formerly Country On The Click
10. Slates

Pitäs korjata tätä listaa joskus näin 12+ vuoden jälkeen. Ainakin Dragnet pitäis tuonne änkeä, ja top 3 olis varmaan Grotesque, Slates ja Hex Enduction jossain järjestyksessä.

SOSDO MASSA KOMOROSSA

#1517 31.01.2018 14:26

psykokarkki
Website

#1518 31.01.2018 19:31

kaakku
ärrävikanen pelle

Ei tykänny Pavementista: peuk

Varikset komentavat

#1519 02.02.2018 09:08

Prakk
Kakkaava jouluhahmo
Website

Bend Sinister kuulostaa nykyään paremmalta kuin Perverted by Language ja The Wonderful and Frightening World of The Fall, ihme touhua.  spam3

SOSDO MASSA KOMOROSSA

#1520 02.02.2018 09:30

KZ
Vuoden Foorumisti 2019
Website

Prakk wrote:

Bend Sinister kuulostaa nykyään paremmalta kuin Perverted by Language ja The Wonderful and Frightening World of The Fall, ihme touhua.  spam3

Wonderful > Bend > Perverted

#1521 02.02.2018 09:49

rc-lungen

Bend oli eka Fallin levy jonka kohdalla ajattelin ettei näiltä kyllä ihan kaikkea varmaan tarvitse ostaa. Dr. Faustuksen aikana alkoi yleensä vituttamaan.

Amppeliooppeli Ex-Pooppeli

#1522 02.02.2018 10:37

psykokarkki
Website

KZ wrote:
Prakk wrote:

Wonderful > Bend > Perverted

osimoilleen näin, tosin bend/perverted aika tasoissa.

rc-lungen wrote:

Bend oli eka Fallin levy jonka kohdalla ajattelin ettei näiltä kyllä ihan kaikkea varmaan tarvitse ostaa. Dr. Faustuksen aikana alkoi yleensä vituttamaan.

oli mun eka ja tajusin et tarviin näiltä KAIKEN colorflash faustus ihan huippubiisi colorflash

mutta ilmestyyköhän se vuosia odotettu remasteri ikinä sadbanana

#1523 02.02.2018 10:46

KZ
Vuoden Foorumisti 2019
Website

BANANA!psykeparsa.gifpsykeparsa.gifpsykeparsa.gifpsykeparsa.gifpsykeparsa.gifpsykeparsa.gifpsykeparsa.gif

Last edited by KZ (02.02.2018 10:46)

#1524 08.02.2018 12:04

psykokarkki
Website

#1525 09.02.2018 18:26

psykokarkki
Website

Brawl breaks out at funeral of The Fall singer Mark E Smith - but pal says "he'd have loved it"

Mark E Smith's wake broke out into chaos as mourners threw bottles and poured drinks on one another. Actor Steve Evets, who was also a guitarist with the band, said: “I’ve got to say, it was just like a Fall gig, some strange people there, and it kicked off.

“Don’t think he would have had it any other way, we love you Mark.”

#1526 09.02.2018 22:29

Alxity
bruttokansanonnellisuuden viraston sihteeri

Kertokaapas joku mulle The Frenz Experimentistä (kun en jaksa koko topicialukea). Ainakin nuo singlebiisit (Kinks-koveri Victoria ja Hit The North) ovat kovia. Onko muu levy samaa tasoa?

<@Tupou> jätkä haukkuu itse muita karkeiksi
<@DBGene> senkin karkki

#1527 09.02.2018 22:39

psykokarkki
Website

Alxity wrote:

Kertokaapas joku mulle The Frenz Experimentistä (kun en jaksa koko topicialukea). Ainakin nuo singlebiisit (Kinks-koveri Victoria ja Hit The North) ovat kovia. Onko muu levy samaa tasoa?

no siis hit the north ei kuulu tuolle albumille, vaikka ehkä joltain cd-versiolta löytyy, sehän oli vanhempi sinkku ja hieman eri tyyliä. omasta mielestäni ei ihan parasta fallia (kun edellinen beggars banquet -trilogia ihan huippua ja tämän jälkeinen, samana vuonna ilmestynyt i am kurious oranj selvästi parempi), mutta ihan ok levy. hieman epätasainen, mutta huippuina ainakin a-puolen päättävä hillitön athlete cured ja päätösraita oswald defence lawyer. lisäksi hypnoottisen pelkistetty bremen nacht on klassikko. victoria-ep:ltä löytynyt guest informant kuitenkin tämän aikakauden paras biisi mielestäni, alkuperäisellä albumilla vain lyhyt instruversio, mutta cd:llä kai koko biisikin mukana. ei siis fallin olennaisimpia levyjä, mutta totta kai loistava levy jos vertaa muiden bändien räpellyksiin. carry bag manille vielä peuk

#1528 09.02.2018 22:50

Prakk
Kakkaava jouluhahmo
Website

Athlete Curedin Spinal Tapilta pöllitylle bassoriffille toki  peuk

SOSDO MASSA KOMOROSSA

#1529 09.02.2018 22:52

Prakk
Kakkaava jouluhahmo
Website

Mutjoo, melko samat fiilikset levystä mullakin. Hyvä levy, mutta ehkä heikoin Fallin siihen asti julkaistuista studiolevyistä.

SOSDO MASSA KOMOROSSA

#1530 12.02.2018 11:05

psykokarkki
Website

1. Index
  2. » Kevyempää
  3. » the Fall

Board footer