#31 17.03.2022 17:21

psykokarkki
uses and endorses MUOVIKASSI and COMMUNISM ☭
Website

Re: The Wedding Present

enpä ollut vielä törmännyt tähän 24 songs -projektiin, huonosti muutenkin tullut seurattua bändin tekemisiä viime vuosina (lue: vuosikymmeninä), mutta asiantilaan pitäisi varmaan tehdä muutos, hyvältä kuulostaa peuk

VIDEO PREMIERE: The Wedding Present - Go Go Go

About March's Songs from David Gedge: "Following in the slipstream of 'We Should Be Together' – on which Louise Wener was a guest singer, of course – 'Go-Go Go' is the second duet in the series. This one features our very own Melanie Howard. The lyric was inspired by 'Wacky Races'. It's a high-octane track and so writing about racing cars seemed to fit! I even tried, unsuccessfully, to shoehorn in references to Peter Perfect and Penelope Pitstop.

I used to love that programme; as a kid, I would make a note of the results every week and create a league table. 'La La La' was the first song that I co-wrote with Jon Stewart, but it's Melanie's huge bass part that drives the song. It wouldn't be out of place on a track by the mighty Fall, and it inspired me to go a bit Mark E Smith myself at the beginning of the final verse".

Mitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifPUFF PUFF BONG BONG

#32 17.03.2022 21:20

dadadrlrl
Website

Yllätti oikein positiivisesti tämä. Onpa David Gedgesin lauluääni vanhentunut arvokkaasti. Ja ihanaa, miten biisin lopussa bändi on hyvin tunnistettavasti oma itsensä. Pitääpä tutustua lähemmin.

#33 19.03.2022 11:24

metsäkukkia54

Todella hyvältä kuulostaa. Kävin kuuntelemassa pari muutakin noista uusista. Kitaristi näemmä samainen tyyppi joka vaikutti/vaikuttaa Sleeperissä, mikä selittänee myös tuon yhteistyön Louise Wenerin kanssa yhdessä noista biiseistä.

Last edited by metsäkukkia54 (19.03.2022 11:27)

Board footer