#31 19.03.2011 00:42

hezma
Vanhempi Käynnissäpitäjä

Re: Rebecca Black

After reading the harsh reviews of her song, Black said that "those hurtful comments really shocked me".[28] Ark Music offered to take the video down from YouTube, but Black refused the offer, saying that she did not wish "to give the haters the satisfaction that they got me so bad I gave up".[28]

In response to criticism over the liberal use of Auto-Tune, Black announced plans to release an acoustic version of the song.[28]

In an interview with ABC News, Kelly (her mother) stated that she was "angry and upset" after Black was brought to tears by comments such as "I hope you go cut [yourself] and die."[29] However Black said that she soon got over such comments.[30] She also went on to make a on-camera request for her idol Justin Bieber to perform a duet with her.[31]

Rolling Stone's Matthew Perpetua continued to praise Black after the interview, stating that "she is actually a pretty decent singer... she is a total sweetheart... [and] Black comes off as a well-adjusted, happy and grateful kid".[32] He also pointed out that Black intended to send most of the profits from her hit song to help with relief efforts in Japan following a devastating earthquake and tsunami.[32]

(wikipedia)

#32 19.03.2011 01:54

psykokarkki
uses and endorses MUOVIKASSI and COMMUNISM ☭
Website

haters gonna hate, älä välitä rebecca, tyttö sinä olet tähti rakkaus

Mitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifPUFF PUFF BONG BONG

#33 19.03.2011 01:55

psykokarkki
Website

joko se on lauantai frown2 jatketaan taas viikon päästä diggailua, eiq silloin varmaan taas uus meemi mut sou not, ei meemitaloa lukita yöksi

Mitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifPUFF PUFF BONG BONG

#34 19.03.2011 04:28

Neuvostoliitto
Kyntömestari

vitut vihaahista jos bändi on kovempi ku blackeyd jesus

Schnabel Ralf, kai kannatat sä viittä vuotta/
suunnitelmataloudessa lepää kansanvoima/
Kommunismissa ei vikaa oo vaan ihmisissä/
tuskin pois pääsen täältä konsanaan

#35 19.03.2011 11:28

stratum
not tupi
Website

Aika koukuttava biisi kyllä. ff

#36 21.03.2011 03:11

:center::huig::center:
Holtiton Mies joka Imppaa ja Grillaa

Ei mitään muttia, kaikki boikottiin saatana!!

Security Fee:n hinnalla sisään!

#37 21.03.2011 03:18

:center::huig::center:
Holtiton Mies joka Imppaa ja Grillaa

ff

Ei mitään muttia, kaikki boikottiin saatana!!

Security Fee:n hinnalla sisään!

#38 21.03.2011 11:56

Folkhälsan

peuk

Vuoden nuori muotoilija.

#39 21.03.2011 12:02

Hassuttelija
jäbä joka diggaa Sufjanin uusinta ihan homona

Benni  ff

THs56SD.gif

In the last second of life, they're gonna show you how,
how they run this show.

#40 21.03.2011 12:54

E

Yesterday was sunday, today it is monday, we we we so excited, we so excited, we gonna have a ball today, tomorrow is tuesday and wednesday comes afterwaaards  dance bileet  excitebikenes rakkaus

Noin 130-kiloinen naapurinmies, 23-vuotias mies ja alusvaatteisillaan ollut nainen kaatuivat ojaan.
Tehokkain tapa piiloutua on painua pohjaan, ja jos miehistö makaa punkissaan eikä tuota energiaa ja hiilidioksidia niin kolmesta viiteen päivään voi olla siellä colorflash peuk dance

#41 21.03.2011 13:03

MMM
suomalaisen kristillisen dance-musiikin huippunimi

Benni diggaa giffeistä!

Oon allerginen sellaiselle teoreettiselle höpinälle, jossa länsimainen yhteiskunta on tuhoon tuomittu vailla selityksiä tai avauksia siitä miksi näin välttämättä on ja miten se kiteytyy erityisen hyvin berliiniläisessä cappuccinossa ja sushikebabissa

#42 21.03.2011 19:54

Futre

joko oli?

#43 22.03.2011 04:08

Tomsk
ilmeisesti LUCKY MAN

Ja pitihän jonkun tietysti tehdä tällainenkin:

Sent from my iPhone 16

#44 22.03.2011 23:45

Napalmipää

-

#45 22.03.2011 23:49

bernardblack
herra ihanainen
Website

foorumilla tulee nykyään jatkuvasti dejavu-olo

mistähän johtuu

t. nimim. "luetaan sitä foorumia"

tunteet elikkäs fiilikset, ne on aitoja, niistä kannattaa pitää kiinni

#46 23.03.2011 00:12

psykokarkki
Website

bernardblack, be an rebeccablack  redface_new

#47 23.03.2011 00:17

bernardblack
herra ihanainen
Website

Mari_Kiviniemi_26_1_379746b.jpg

tunteet elikkäs fiilikset, ne on aitoja, niistä kannattaa pitää kiinni

#48 23.03.2011 11:03

qdes

Hyppään bandwagoniin. Hauskaa musaa!

#49 24.03.2011 00:59

Skeletonni
maki kolehmainen

#50 24.03.2011 15:13

Moronica
electric barbarella

Jouko Piho wrote: Kirjoitan täällä mielelläni, koska täällä porukka on fiksua ja asiallista verrattuna PIFin väkeen, josta osa on aivan liian alatyylisiä ja räävittömiä pilkkaajia.

#51 25.03.2011 23:56

E

tumblr_li19jbn5bc1qhtjfto1_r1_250.gif

Noin 130-kiloinen naapurinmies, 23-vuotias mies ja alusvaatteisillaan ollut nainen kaatuivat ojaan.
Tehokkain tapa piiloutua on painua pohjaan, ja jos miehistö makaa punkissaan eikä tuota energiaa ja hiilidioksidia niin kolmesta viiteen päivään voi olla siellä colorflash peuk dance

#52 28.03.2011 11:22

psykokarkki
Website

Dr. Doakes gives his take on the profoundly metaphorical lyrics contained in Friday. Keep in mind that her parents paid $2,000 for these:

Rebecca Black’s song “Friday” may be the most profound and accurate representation of being a teenager since J.D. Salinger’s “The Catcher in the Rye”. Sadly, Ms. Black’s music video for “Friday” has recently come under fire. I, for one, see the music video as a misrepresentation of the songs lyrics - it has a message that needs to be taken and accounted for.

Seven a.m., waking up in the morning
Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs
Gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal
Seein’ everything, the time is goin’
Tickin’ on and on, everybody’s rushin’
Gotta get down to the bus stop
Gotta catch my bus, I see my friends (My friends)

Ms. Black is making a statement about the monotonous schedule of life that teenagers long to escape. Cereal symbolizes the childhood she has left behind for this more structured existence. She must have her cereal, because it is one of the last bastions of a childhood coming closer and closer to an end as adulthood looms. This is proven by the next two lines, in which she cries out for the world to slow down. However, this monotonous day is broken by a surprise encounter with her friends. She is so surprised and overjoyed by the event that she repeats (My friends) for further emphasis on the change.

Kickin’ in the front seat
Sittin’ in the back seat
Gotta make my mind up
Which seat can I take?

This short verse is a metaphor for the social anxiety almost every teen feels; it’s alternately a comment on the terrifyingly vast unknown of one's role in society after school. The double meaning is ingenious. Her friends wait expectantly for her decision, but she feels nervous. Who should I associate myself with? Would they be mad if I sat in the back or front? Ms. Black clearly feels uncomfortable in social situations. By asking what seat she can take, Ms. Black contemplates what her place in society will be when she grows up. Will there even be a place for her? Will she be in the front seat mainly with one group or in the back with another? The possibilities are open and it scares her. At the same time, "Kickin' in the front seat/ Sittin' in the back seat", shows the eternal class struggle that she has noticed in her life. Those "Kickin' in the front seat" are the upper class and they life of luxury they enjoy. Those "Sittin' in the back seat" are the working class and their inability to enjoy their position ("Kickin'" as Ms. Black metaphorically calls it) and hence are always sitting.

It’s Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend, weekend
Friday, Friday
Gettin’ down on Friday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend

Partyin’, partyin’ (Yeah)
Partyin’, partyin’ (Yeah)
Fun, fun, fun, fun
Lookin’ forward to the weekend

Here Ms. Black confronts the fears of the future in a negative and possibly self-destructive way. She looks forward to the weekend, as there is no structure and one is able to do what one wants to do. However, to forget the agony of the train of adulthood barrelling towards her, she spends her time partying (what kind of party, we are not told) until she forgets her troubles. She looks forward to the weekend as an escape from the troubles and fear that permeate her young life.

7:45, we’re drivin’ on the highway
Cruisin’ so fast, I want time to fly
Fun, fun, think about fun
You know what it is
I got this, you got this
My friend is by my right, ay
I got this, you got this
Now you know it

“Cruisin’ so fast” is more evidence for dealing with the pressures of the future in a negative way. One believes she almost wants the car to crash as to release her from the prison of her future. Instead of dwelling on this, however, she thinks about fun; maybe if she thinks of fun these fears will vanish. She tries to tell herself things will be alright. I've got it, Ms. Black reassures herself, I have friends by my side who can help me through this fear. And thus she believes it for a while. On another note, her friend being on her right is symbolic of her conservative values, and rejection of liberal politics, not even noticing her friend on the left.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
Today i-is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
We-we-we so excited
We so excited
We gonna have a ball today

Tomorrow is Saturday
And Sunday comes after … wards
I don’t want this weekend to end

Yesterday was oppression, today is freedom. Who wouldn’t be excited about that? Society can no longer restrain her from following her own path, whatever that may be. The weekend may also symbolise retirement, after years of work she would be able to settle down and do what she wants with her life. Tomorrow is Saturday, the complete release from structure. She does not want to live the time of hard work between school and retirement, she just wants to go from having few responsibilities to having even fewer at the end of life. She doesn’t want this period of freedom to end.

R-B, Rebecca Black
So chillin’ in the front seat (In the front seat)
In the back seat (In the back seat)
I’m drivin’, cruisin’ (Yeah, yeah)
Fast lanes, switchin’ lanes
Wit’ a cop on my side (Woo!)
(C’mon) Passin’ by is a school bus in front of me
Makes tick tock, tick tock, wanna scream
Check my time, it’s Friday, it’s a weekend
We gonna have fun, c’mon, c’mon, y’all

This rapper, whose name is Patrice Wilson, represents a voice of reason trying to help Ms. Black through her fears. By saying she is in both the front AND back seats, he suggests that Ms. Black can reconcile her social anxiety by not choosing one side alone, embracing both and not letting any become her favorite. However, he feels angered about the pressures society puts on its teens to achieve everything. He sees a school bus in front of him and, like a bomb, wants to explode into screams. It should be Friday already, so those poor kids can have some of that ever-lasting pressure taken off! Also notice how one is only really "chillin'" in the "front seat", again explaining how one can only have fun and truly be free while in the upper class social structure.

It’s Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend, weekend
Friday, Friday
Gettin’ down on Friday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend

With the repetition of this chorus, one realizes the emphasis she is putting on how everyone is looking forward to the end of the pressures and structures that society imposes. Her final point is that no one enjoys the structure, not fully. We all look forward to the weekends. Many people also look forward to the end of work, when life’s Saturday comes around and death awaits.

Reading these lyrics one may think it is a simple song about a girl having fun on Friday, but with all genius that is not the case. Rebecca Black has created a form of manifesto stating that everyone dislikes the pressures of society and long for the time of freedom and lack of responsibilities at the Saturday and Sunday of life: retirement and childhood respectively. Between them is the vast majority of life, work that doesn’t end until the metaphorical weekend.

The point Rebecca Black is trying to make is not that life will be horrible, but that life is hard, but it’s worth staying around till the end, because then you are allowed to finally have some fun. This is an admirable work that should be further analyzed from other viewpoints; I’m sure there is more hidden information below the surface, crawling to escape it's prison, like the enigmatic Ms. Black herself.

#53 28.03.2011 22:16

ydis
vegan princess

#54 28.03.2011 22:41

psykokarkki
Website

LOL  _lollollol peuk

#55 28.03.2011 22:49

E

rakkaus Kuuntelematta menee vuoden top10 levyihin.

#56 29.03.2011 09:13

barton_funk
jamppa, synkkä sienestäjä

deadhorse

Halusin syväluotaa sitä yhteiskunta-akselien välistä juopaa, joka jo silloin varjosti minua ja minä sitä.

xfGrijQ.jpg

#57 30.03.2011 18:14

barton_funk
jamppa, synkkä sienestäjä

Last edited by barton_funk (30.03.2011 18:18)

Halusin syväluotaa sitä yhteiskunta-akselien välistä juopaa, joka jo silloin varjosti minua ja minä sitä.

xfGrijQ.jpg

#58 31.03.2011 11:46

qdes

memes-actually-its-caturday.jpg

#59 31.03.2011 11:52

psykokarkki
Website

friday pitäis julkaista vinyyliseiskana, ostaisin heti.

#60 31.03.2011 12:00

börjeslandet
stetoskooppisetä

psykokarkki wrote:

friday pitäis julkaista vinyyliseiskana, ostaisin heti.

Voisin muuten kyllä ostaa paitsi, että levyfirman osuus voitoista tuskin menee Japaniin...

en ole kolmekybänen emoboy

Board footer