SINDRE BJERGA (NOR)
HÅKON LIE (NOR)
TYTTI AROLA
SAMULI TANNER

Pertin Valinta, Hakaniemenkuja 2
la 8.4. klo 15-20
Liput: 10e

MÅLGRUPP (SWE)

Målgrupp's (Julian Murray) modus operandi is live reel-to-reel tape recorder sound experimenting. Their collages consist of field recordings and pre-recorded sounds that are relayed and manipulated into rhythms and soundscapes heard from the inside of the wallpaper, dancing down the hallway or balancing on the tension of a bridge. All through Målgrupp's music, one can hear the handicraft behind it, their masterful tape manipulating process could be described as electronic sound sculpturing.

SINDRE BJERGA (NOR)

Bjerga has been active in the shady back alleys of experimental sound since the mid-1990s, exploring drone music, homemade low-tech electronics and sound collaging. He has been touring quite extensively around the world, Europe, UK, Argentina, Russia, Ukraine, South Korea and numerous times in Japan, playing several hundred gigs. He has also held numerous workshops for children and adults building sound objects and self-made instruments. Lately Bjerga has been working more with cassette collages, utilizing found tapes as well as pre-recorded tapes, often mixing and stacking sounds from very different sources, creating these odd, unique and even embarrassing moments.

HÅKON LIE (NOR)

Håkon Lie is playing his howling, clacking modified turntables, distorted tapes and amplified metal objects in a confusing, fragmented and sometimes humorous fashion.
"No idea who Håkon Lie is, I’m presuming he’s not the Norwegian politician who passed away in 2009 [Editor’s note: Google journalism at its finest there]. Live tape manipulations are extrapolated into new vistas of nada while battery operated toys are triggered with buttocks. Recognizable chunks of popular music are fed into the belly of the beast and coughed out as garish and slightly frightening splats of wha?? An American instructional tape finishes the set by intoning: We become what we think about"
Luke Vollar, Radio Free Midwich

TYTTI AROLA

Tytti Arola is a Finnish sound artist, composer and performer living in Helsinki. She is interested in bringing daily life to concert venues and exhibition spaces, doing multisensorial compositions and exploring spatial sound. Her artworks often include electronics and lately she has been drawn towards performance art and instrument building.

SAMULI TANNER

Samuli Tanner is a musician and sound artist based between Helsinki and the forest of Hattula, Finland. He works with self built instruments, samplers, synths, variety of acoustic instruments and percussions, software and tape loops, creating playful and dreamy sci-fi compositions, deconstructed hip hop and blasting electronic improvisations. His practice happens in the intersection of beauty, careful engineering and disobedient love for accidents and glitch. Tanners music has been released by Fonal Records, Sun Ark, Ikuisuus, Artsy, KRUT, Sähkö, Cudighi and many others.

Tapahtuman toteuttamisessa ovat avustaneet Helsingin kaupunki ja MES.

https://www.facebook.com/events/786032762939384

let me fall out of the window
with confetti in my hair

#2 03.04.2023 10:40

artsy
Website

Re: MENTAL ALASKA EASTER EXTRAVAGANZA 8.4. Pertsa/HKI

Lauantaina mennään! Tervetuloa!

let me fall out of the window
with confetti in my hair

#3 06.04.2023 23:50

artsy