#121 10.07.2006 12:45

Alxity
bruttokansanonnellisuuden viraston sihteeri

Re: Pink Floyd / Syd Barrett

mattti wrote:

another brick in teh wall pt2 oli HIEMAN ärsyttävä brain damage/eclipse tunnelmoinnin päälle.

Minusta se taas oli aivan loistava! Nyt kun keikasta on kulunut enemmän aikaa olen melkeinpä valmis kutsumaan keikkaa toiseksi parhaaksi keikaksi, mitä olen ikinä nähnyt. (nikkareilleni tiedoksi että ykkösenä on edelleen Massive Attack Provinsissa 2003)

<@Tupou> jätkä haukkuu itse muita karkeiksi
<@DBGene> senkin karkki

#122 11.07.2006 17:23

laurkhi

#123 11.07.2006 18:53

Alxity

Oho! RIP  frown

<@DBGene> senkin karkki

#124 11.07.2006 19:52

jookcha
vieressä retkottava nainen

RIP joo. Sinne meni Syd ihan kokonaan sitten. Pitääkin tänään kuunnella Piperia.

Ti ho detto come una volta un po' di vino, dischi in vinile, sequel, ragazze, ragazze, Kauko Röyhkä?

#125 12.07.2006 11:51

:center::huig::center:
Holtiton Mies joka Imppaa ja Grillaa

Ei mitään muttia, kaikki boikottiin saatana!!

Security Fee:n hinnalla sisään!

#126 17.07.2006 01:54

psychocandy
streittari-jantta
Website

sydin siskon haastattelu

enpä tähän suru-uutiseen osaa sen kummemmin sanoa, aika shokki oli hesarista lukea lomamatkalla jossain kuopion takana että kaikkien aikojen lahjakkain, neroin ja paras muusikko on nyt sitten lopullisesti poissa. vaikka "poissahan" se oli jo reilut 30 vuotta... R.I.P.

Karhut feissiin kuule tää on se reitti hä ...ja kerran eräs naarassusi melkein mun kengille kusi tongue
FJs1lyz.gif

#127 17.07.2006 21:41

Alxity

Uusimmassa Rumbassa oli muuten sellanen huhu, että Pink Floyd tekis vielä jäähyväiskiertueen "klassisessa" kokoonpanossaan. Saa nähdä.

<@DBGene> senkin karkki

#128 17.07.2006 21:44

Alxity wrote:

"klassisessa" kokoonpanossaan

#129 17.07.2006 21:48

Alxity

No eipä Barretilla paljoakaan tekemistä sen kokoonpanon kanssa ollut tekemistä, jolla Pink Floyd kaikkein myydyimmät ja yleisesti ottaen suosituimmat levynsä teki.

<@DBGene> senkin karkki

#130 17.07.2006 21:53

forssto
Website

psychocandy wrote:

Mun mielestä aika hupaisaa, että samaisella sivulla on (täysin asiaan tietysti liittymätön) mainos, jossa lentelee possu.

Tero saatana, s'olet gay!

#131 17.07.2006 22:11

Alxity wrote:

No eipä Barretilla paljoakaan tekemistä sen kokoonpanon kanssa ollut tekemistä, jolla Pink Floyd kaikkein myydyimmät ja yleisesti ottaen suosituimmat levynsä teki.

Mut eiks sellanen kokoonpano ole "kanonisoitu", ja "klassikko" = eliitiksi itsensä julistavan väen määrittämä.......... icon_rolleyes

#132 17.07.2006 22:21

stratum
not tupi
Website

babriga wrote:
Alxity wrote:

Mut eiks sellanen kokoonpano ole "kanonisoitu", ja "klassikko" = eliitiksi itsensä julistavan väen määrittämä.......... icon_rolleyes

Kuvittelisin tuon menevän juuri toisin päin. räg?

#133 18.07.2006 13:01

Alxity

stratum wrote:
babriga wrote:
Alxity wrote:

Niin. En kyllä tiedä.

<@DBGene> senkin karkki

#134 18.07.2006 18:28

ex-kolja
Sexy MF Doom

Alxity wrote:
stratum wrote:
babriga wrote:

Niin. En kyllä tiedä.

Ei kanonisointi ole seurausta myynnistä, ei ainakaan välttämättä jiiänee...  icon_rolleyes

Juha, olet miespuolinen Jippu. Onnea!

#135 18.07.2006 19:25

ihax totta  redface_new

#136 18.07.2006 19:27

ex-kolja
Sexy MF Doom

babriga wrote:

ihax totta  redface_new

Kyllä, mutta voihan se auttaa...  icon_rolleyes

Juha, olet miespuolinen Jippu. Onnea!

#137 18.07.2006 20:05

näihä se voi olla...

#138 18.07.2006 20:06

helleaalto vie mehut potentiaalisista väittelyistäkin  frown2

#139 19.07.2006 13:36

psychocandy
streittari-jantta
Website

onkohan tätä vielä postattu, ei jaxa tarkistaa, pari mielenkiintoista syd-muisteloa:
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/review/s … 07,00.html

Karhut feissiin kuule tää on se reitti hä ...ja kerran eräs naarassusi melkein mun kengille kusi tongue
FJs1lyz.gif

#140 19.07.2006 21:20

psychocandy
streittari-jantta
Website

FJs1lyz.gif

#141 19.07.2006 21:48

ydis
vegan princess

Kuuntelen Piperia toista kertaa. (!)
Vähän tuntuu tyhmältä kun levyn ylivoimaisesti paras biisi on heti ekana.
Täytyy tää kyllä kuitenkin ostaa kun kuulostaa heti paljon paremmalta kuin ekalla kerralla.

#142 23.08.2006 14:32

psychocandy
streittari-jantta
Website

Syd Barrett auction
(Tuesday August 22, 2006 02:05 PM)

The final possessions of Syd Barrett are to be auctioned in Cambridge later this year, it has been announced.

Amongst the items set to go under the hammer are pieces of artwork from the Pink Floyd founder, some signed, which have never been seen before.

Also up for sale are his bikes, which were hand painted by the former star, who lived out much of the last 30 years of his life as a recluse.

In a statement, Cheffins Auctioneers commented: "The auction will consist of items left by Syd in his Cambridge house. Syd spent his last years living a quiet, yet content life in Cambridge.

"Both his bikes, which he had used every day in Cambridge for visits to the local shops and pub were hand painted by Syd and will be included in this sale as will several pieces of furniture which Syd customised or made himself.

"He was passionate about, although not always competent at, DIY. Other items will include the easel, paints and paint table which Syd used regularly to paint.

"History of art and art were his great loves and this is seen in his artwork, his library and his writings, some of which were to be the foundations of an Art History book Syd wanted to write.

"The sale will also include other lots of various books, homemade speakers and a classical guitar."

The auction tales place at Cheffins Auctioneers fine art sale on November 29 and 30.

For more information, go to www.cheffins.co.uk.

FJs1lyz.gif

#143 24.08.2006 09:42

psychocandy
streittari-jantta
Website

syd barrettin taidetta tulevasta huutokaupasta:

Syd_s_Art212.jpg
Syd_s_Art12.jpg

i've got a bike you can buy it if you like:
DSCN013712.jpg

ja muuta kivaa:
DSCN014112.jpg

OSTAKAA OSTAKAA!

FJs1lyz.gif

#144 24.08.2006 10:18

Aika progee taidetta ja nikkarointia................................ icon_redface  biggrin  icon_redface

#145 24.08.2006 10:39

mattti

psychocandy wrote:

i've got a bike you can buy it if you like:
DSCN013712.jpg

it's got a basket and a bell to make it look good  sydan  sydan  sydan

voi sydiä  itku

#146 25.08.2006 10:24

psychocandy
streittari-jantta
Website

ihan asiallinen muistokirjoitus:

The Barrett Legacy
Remembering the Genius of the Madcap
Jeff Miers, Buffalo News, 7/21/06

I learned of Syd Barrett's death in the middle of a fairly inspired weekend party. Talk about a buzz kill.

Surprisingly, the information stopped me in my tracks. A huge sense of loss arrived, one I really had no business feeling.

I never knew the man. He'd been a recluse for more than 30 years. Only his family knew exactly what was up with the guy since he'd gone into seclusion. His body of work is extremely limited, basically comprised of a brilliant four-year burst of nearly unparalleled bizarre genius. In a sense, Barrett has been dead for a long time.

Still, I felt a genuine sense of loss, and it has lingered. In fact, it seems to have moved in and taken on a long-term lease.

Barrett was 60 when he died last week. He was barely more than a teenager when he burst with a self-imploding zeal into the consciousness of late-'60s London rock music, all but defining British psychedelia as de facto leader of Pink Floyd in the process.

Why does a man who released only three fully realized albums nearly 40 years ago continue to cast such a grand shadow?

It is fashionable to insist that Pink Floyd became a joke immediately after parting ways with Barrett, whose prodigious consumption of psychedelics had rendered him a nearly schizophrenic liability to the band. I'm not going to rewrite my own history in an attempt to appear more hip than I am, so I'll confess straight off that I became a Floyd fan with the release of Wish You Were Here, as a 9-year-old with a headphone fixation. I had no idea who Syd Barrett was the first time I heard "Shine On You Crazy Diamond," the song his former bandmate and childhood friend Roger Waters had penned lyrics for in his honor. The piece presented itself as haunting, majestic, creepy, harrowing and beautiful at once to my still fragile, developing consciousness. It strikes me the same way today.

"You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom/blown on the steel breeze./You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon/.Threatened by shadows at night, and exposed in the light/.Well you wore out your welcome with random precision/rode on the steel breeze/Come on you raver, you seer of visions/Come on you painter, you piper, you prisoner and shine!"

Waters sang this song with a blend of maniacal passion and a deep, wistful sadness, backed by Floyd's gauzy psychedelia and David Gilmour's keening, crying guitar. It is one of the greatest recorded moments in rock history.

But who was this guy who so clearly haunted his former bandmates, who they simply could not seem to forget?

I was a teenager and already a hard-core Floyd fan by the time I got around to piecing together a passable image of this "crazy diamond." It took me a while to get it, frankly. The Piper At The Gates of Dawn, the record so much of Barrett's legacy rests upon, sounded nothing like Wish You Were Here, Dark Side of the Moon, or The Wall, three mega-selling '70s Floyd records that had Barrett's mark burned into nearly every groove. It was really weird, a sort of fanciful psychedelic pop music. It sounded primitive and goofy to my ear, trained by Dark Side Of The Moon and Abbey Road.

But as the seed is planted, so the tree shall grow, and it wasn't too long before I'd become a Barrett fanatic. Piper at the Gates of Dawn is, of course, as important to the development of rock music as anything the Beatles did, I see now.

Let's start with "Interstellar Overdrive"-or perhaps you prefer "Astronomy Dominé?" Both are harbingers of space-rock, marrying whimsical and decidedly English lyrical prose imagery to a reverb-drenched musical quest for the harvest of the stars.

What about "Lucifer Sam," an LSD-saturated slice of way-out prepunk, as close as I think anyone has gotten to capturing near-madness on tape?

Can't forget "Bike," of course, for so many a Barrett favorite. It has the stunningly pure unaffectedness of a gifted child's first poem. It does not sound dated, even today. Barrett, at his best, seems to exist outside of time. He'd managed to go through the looking glass.

Trouble is, he never came back.

It's easy to romanticize such a figure, to ascribe a martyr's characteristics to them, to dress them in the shroud of heroism. If one totally accepts this view, then Barrett was a brave psychic pioneer, a man who was bold enough to buy the ticket and take the ride, to go way out there and return to file a report for the rest of us.

But what's probably closer to the truth is that he was a child, a boy who lived in his imagination and couldn't reconcile that gilded world to the real one he found himself in. Eating LSD by the handful for weeks on end probably didn't help that fragile and tenuous connection to "reality" much, either.

The music is unsullied by any of this, however. It remains pure and purely beautiful.

Waters, for whom Barrett has remained a clear presence throughout, should have the last word on his friend.

"Come on you target for faraway laughter, come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr and shine!"

© Jeff Miers 2006

FJs1lyz.gif

#147 28.08.2006 12:08

psychocandy
streittari-jantta
Website

Syd52.jpg

FJs1lyz.gif

#148 31.08.2006 09:48

psychocandy
streittari-jantta
Website

08RKBdoorwaypainting.jpg

FJs1lyz.gif

#149 04.09.2006 13:02

psychocandy
streittari-jantta
Website

syd7279sc1.jpg

FJs1lyz.gif

#150 04.09.2006 13:36

jookcha
vieressä retkottava nainen

psychocandy wrote:

syd7279sc1.jpg

KCfaceA.jpg
Kaksi marjaa jne.

Ti ho detto come una volta un po' di vino, dischi in vinile, sequel, ragazze, ragazze, Kauko Röyhkä?

Board footer