#31 26.06.2018 13:13

psykokarkki
uses and endorses MUOVIKASSI and COMMUNISM ☭
Website

Re: King Of The Slums

kaikkia tämän suosikkitopikin seuraajia varmaan kiinnostaa, että bändi soitti viikonloppuna ekan keikkansa vuosikymmeniin, tämmöinen oli kuulemma settilista:

1.The Broken English. 2.Psycho Motorbike Ride. 3 Tramps Bridge Uprising. 4.Bombs Away On Harpurhey. 5. Goya, Pinter, Honey, Bed. 6. Full Speed Ahead. 7. Once A Prefect. 8. Church Bells Over England. 9. Leery Bleeder. 10. The Bleeding Obvious. 11. Up To The Fells. ..( Interval).....12. Diamante Swansong. 13. Losing Ground. 14.Cut Throat Living. 15. Fanciable Headcase. 16. Simpering Blonde Bombshell. ...(End)

Mitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifPUFF PUFF BONG BONG

#32 05.07.2018 15:03

psykokarkki
Website

Mitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifMitään UG:tä ei ole olemassag71u3wL.gifPUFF PUFF BONG BONG

#33 09.12.2018 23:36

psykokarkki
Website

UHUidjQ.jpg

Brand spanking new 4 track EP out on 9th Feb 2019!
Limited edition 12" Vinyl release. Also comes with unique digital download card. Pre-orders now being taken at our band site www.kingoftheslums.com

#34 11.02.2019 11:56

psykokarkki
Website

EP REVIEW: King of the Slums – ‘Peak Human Experience’
By Frank Roper - 9 Feb 2019055 LSF/Revue

I am somewhat of a fan of King of the Slums (read my reviews of ‘Manco Diablo’ and ‘Artgod Dogs’) and their last gig at Manchester’s Night & Day Cafe is one that sits way up in my list of all time favourites. So the news that an EP was to be released led to unrestrained joy here in LSF Towers.

Musically it sort of continues on from the sound of their last album – ‘Artgod Dogs’ – there’s viola/violin you’ll be glad to hear.

‘Jimmy Flamingo’ the EP opener is a swirling pulsing thing that sounds as though it’s about to launch in something huge at any moment. There’s this sense of anticipation because you know it’s going to happen, but when. And when it does, you have to wait for around two thirds of the track, it explodes into this grinding riff. Look live I can see it, when it explodes there’s going to be mayhem.

Second track ‘Crombie and Grist’ continues that swirling thing with a more prominent viola/violin sound. And there’s a male/female dual vocal. The sound of this is halting, it’s warped. The female vocal is pure, the male vocal is almost spoken sung. The track spirals, it drags you in.

‘Petrol Letterbox’ is a different thing, it opens with brooding dark guitar that shifts into a slow riff. It’s slow, it’s incredibly dark. The viola throws in stabs of sound. It’s all atmosphere. What this song is about I have no idea (although I’ve had the tracks for some time now and I’ve spent ages listening on repeat, I still can’t work out what’s it’s about) but it has a sense of foreboding, of bad things are about to happen or are happening. This is very much one of the EP highlights for me.

EP closer ‘Flounce’ is one of those King of the Slums’ songs that shifts, one moment it’s grinding rock, the next beautiful ballad, they do that sometimes. The first time I heard this I wasn’t sure, after repeated listening, I’m at that I love this thing to death point.

Look it’s hard for me to say anything but the songs on this EP are brilliant. They are crafted, incredibly well played and thrill. The thing is that any release from KotS is something to be treated like a precious jewel, it’s obvious the band put an incredible amount of work into each individual song. You can go back, and back again, and continue going back – and you should – and there’s always going to something that you haven’t picked up before. And of course there’s always the words to listen to closely, to put a meaning together. And each release comes with the horrible sense of foreboding that there won’t be anything else after it, you just don’t know, there might be songs sitting ready for release or there might not, they might decide that it’s time to put the band on pause again.

The EP is available on vinyl from the band’s website

#35 23.02.2019 20:29

lynynusy

Net is inflicted for the right ND parts of the current elements. It has been marked for the sue of the dissertationavenue reviews tons for the humans. The use of the identification is depicted for the marks and all vital paths for the individuals.

#36 23.02.2019 21:03

KZ
Vuoden Foorumisti 2019
Website

lynynusy wrote:

Net is inflicted for the right ND parts of the current elements. It has been marked for the sue of the dissertationavenue reviews tons for the humans. The use of the identification is depicted for the marks and all vital paths for the individuals.

En tajunnut tästä mitään, voitko avata?

#37 23.02.2019 21:20

psykokarkki
Website

uuden biisin lyriikat? pitäisköhän tilata se 12"

#38 11.03.2019 14:28

psykokarkki
Website

#39 07.08.2020 14:58

psykokarkki
Website

uusi levy Encrypted Contemporary Narratives ennakkotilauksessa

ei nää comeback-hommat kyllä kovin kummoisia ole olleet, joten enpä kuule tiijjä tuleeko hankittua.

#40 14.08.2020 19:23

psykokarkki
Website

näytettä tulevalta levyltä:

#41 27.10.2020 22:02

psykokarkki
Website

uusi digi-ep quicksand ray

pitäisköhän se uusi täyspitkä kuitenkin ostaa, bändi lähetti mulle jopa sitä mainostavan postikortin ff

#42 29.11.2021 23:32

psykokarkki
Website

RIP Charlie itku itku itku

It's with great sadness that we have to announce the passing of Charlie Keigher who died peacefully in his sleep on the 28th November after fighting a long battle with ill health. All our love goes out to his partner Claire (Clarissa), Stuart, Nic, Dave and his family and friends. His lyrics once said 'I consider it memorable how easily i'll be forgotten' but his words and music will always remain indelibly etched on our hearts. Forever England's leading light. Rest easy my dear friend

#43 15.08.2022 19:27

psykokarkki
Website

ekan levyn arvostelu melody makerissa
yY2fguX.jpg

#44 05.12.2022 16:33

psykokarkki
Website

Random Souls Club (fragment)
1. Teenage Warpaint
2. What happened in Miles Platting
3. Cherish
Charlie and Clarissa made it into the studio one final time in July 2021 and recorded ten instrumental tracks for the album that would have become Random Souls Club. Sadly, Charlie didn't have time to add any vocals, although I have his notebook full of words. The vocals you hear on the first and third tracks were recorded in one take in Charlie's front room, on a basic recorder and as a guide just so I could fit the violin part around. I recently asked Latch, our producer, if he’d be able to work his magic to create something approaching a finished song. I’m pleased to say I think he has worked wonders with what was a very dodgy file! Vocally they are both very different from his stage persona, but perhaps more like the real Charlie.
What Happened in Miles Platting was a song title that Charlie came back to over and over, but we didn’t ever get round to using. Seemed too good to waste...although he never did tell me what actually happened in Miles Platting...
Music and words written by Charlie Keigher and Claire Taylor.
Recorded and produced by Latch at Tuff Gong Studios, Warrington.
Love to all fans. Peace and dignity. Clarissa xx

Board footer